Produce less moisture: Reduce the potential for Condensation by producing less water:
- Always cook with pan lids on and turn down the heat once the water has boiled.
- Only use the minimum amount of water to cook vegetables.
- Never dry laundry on radiators.
- Dry washing outdoors if possible or put it in a bathroom with the door closed and the window open and the extractor fan on.
- Extractor Fans should be automatically humidistat controlled-not soley activated by a light switch.
- If you use a tumble dryer, make sure it is vented to the outside (DIY kits are available for this) or that the tumble dryer is of the low condensing type.
- Don't use your gas cooker to heat your kitchen as it produces moisture when burning gas (You will notice the windows steam up).
- Never use bottled gas heaters (calor etc) as they produce about 8 pints of moisture from an average size bottle size.
- When filling a bath, run the cold water first then add the hot - it will reduce the steam which leads to condensation by up to 90%.
See our range of Anti Mould & Anti Condensation products in our online store.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more specific condensation advice.
Posted 10:26 PM | Permalink